In their last outing, despite 17 points and 11 rebounds from Sherwood Brown, the Eagles fell to East Tennessee State 85-75 on January 12th. On top of a team-high 5.7 rebounds per game, he also scores 14.2 points per game. For the Bisons, Stephen Hurt put up 6 points in the 67-53 loss to Northern Kentucky on January 11th. He leads the team in points with 11.8 per game, rebounds with 8.2 per game, and blocks with 0.6 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Lipscomb is strong in free throw rate at 45.0. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 13th in the nation.
- The Florida Gulf Coast assist leader (Brett Comer) has more assists than the Lipscomb assist leader (Khion Sankey).
- Florida Gulf Coast players are more experienced than Lipscomb players (10,987 minutes played vs 4,511 minutes played).
- Chase Fieler is ranked 6th in the Atlantic Sun in steals and 9th in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- Fort Myers isn't as congested as Nashville (population is significantly lower).
- The Florida Gulf Coast steals leader (Bernard Thompson) has more steals than the Lipscomb steals leader (Deonte Alexander).
- Eric McKnight is ranked 7th in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds and 1st in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.
- Florida Gulf Coast embarrassed Lipscomb by 21 points the last time they played (Feb 13, 2012).
- Florida Gulf Coast has a better scoring defense (66.9 allowed per game vs 77.4 allowed per game) than Lipscomb this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Florida Gulf Coast has a better overall record than Lipscomb this season (9-5 vs 5-7).
- Bernard Thompson is ranked 5th in the Atlantic Sun in points and 1st nationally in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Florida Gulf Coast has an average margin of victory of 9 over Lipscomb in 3 wins since 2007.