Digging into season numbers, Florida has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Gators have an edge over the Aggies, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
Texas A&M StatSmack
- The Florida blocks leader (Patric Young) has more blocks than the Texas A&M blocks leader (Kourtney Roberson).
- AP voters think more highly of Florida and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Texas A&M (148 vs 78).
- Florida has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (42% vs 67%).
- Kenny Boynton is ranked 10th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Florida has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Texas A&M (#17 vs #35).
- Florida has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Texas A&M according to Kiplinger (58% vs 45%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Florida currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (983 to 933) than Texas A&M, per the NCAA.
- Florida has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Texas A&M (#2 vs #23).
- Florida has a better scoring defense (52.2 allowed per game vs 59.3 allowed per game) than Texas A&M this season.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Texas A&M (23 vs 3).
- Florida is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Florida is 210 lbs compared to 202 lbs for Texas A&M.