Portland State vs. Northern Colorado: Full Game Preview
|Portland State||R Parker 12.3||A Moore 6.8||L McMullan 4.0|
|Northern Colorado||T Unruh 11.9||D Barden 8.1||T Svihovec 2.7|
On Thursday, Northern Colorado plays host to Portland State at Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion. The game gets underway at 9:05 EST. The Bears are 3-5 against the Vikings over the last four years. They lost 75-74 the last time they played (2/28/2012).
Northern Colorado is 11th in the Big Sky and Portland State is in 3rd. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last game, Derrick Barden put up 21 points and 15 rebounds in the Bears 85-77 loss to Montana on January 12th. In addition to a team-leading 8.1 rebounds per game, he chips in 11.9 points per game. For the Vikings, Renado Parker put up 20 points and 11 rebounds in the 79-74 win over Northern Arizona on January 12th. His 12.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Northern Colorado has an advantage in a single key statistical area, rebounding, where the Bears have an edge over the Vikings, 35 per game to 29 per game.
Portland State StatSmack
- Tate Unruh is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- The Northern Colorado rebounding leader (Derrick Barden) has more rebounds than the Portland State rebounding leader (Aaron Moore).
- Northern Colorado does a better job contesting shots (40.3% allowed vs 49.4% allowed) than Portland State this season.
- Derrick Barden is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- Northern Colorado can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.3 per game vs 28.3 per game) than Portland State this season.
- Northern Colorado is better at defending the three (29.3% allowed vs 37.8% allowed) than Portland State this season.
- The Northern Colorado blocks leader (Connor Osborne) has more blocks than the Portland State blocks leader (Aaron Moore).
- Northern Colorado players are more experienced than Portland State players (7,709 minutes played vs 6,528 minutes played).
- The Northern Colorado basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Portland State (92% vs 19%).
|C-||D. Winston Jr.||24||8||2||2||1||0||2|