|Oregon||D Dotson 11.8||A Kazemi 9.4||D Artis 3.6|
|USC||E Wise 11.9||D Dedmon 7.6||J Fontan 5.2|
On Thursday, No. 21 Oregon travels to Galen Center to take on USC. Tip-off is at 11:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPNU. The Ducks are 5-2 against the Trojans over the last four years. The last time they met (1/19/2012) they won 65-62.
Oregon is in 1st place in the conference, USC is in 6th place.
In a 68-65 win over Arizona State on January 13th, Carlos Emory put up 14 points and 8 rebounds for the Ducks. He tallies 10.5 points per game and also adds 4.5 rebounds per game. For the Trojans, Dewayne Dedmon finished with 13 points and 13 rebounds in the 76-59 blowout of Utah on January 12th. He puts up a team-leading 7.6 rebounds per game, 2.0 blocks per game, and 1.0 steals per game.
Digging into season numbers, Oregon has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Ducks have an edge over the Trojans, 76 points per game to 63 points per game.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Oregon has come back to win after being down at half against USC 5 times since 1998.
- The Oregon basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than USC (79% vs 42%).
- At least you keep showing up. Oregon has an average margin of victory of 8 over USC in 37 wins since 1980.
- It's only wins and losses, but Oregon has a better overall record than USC this season (11-2 vs 5-8).
- Oregon is better under pressure, and has defeated USC in 7 out of the last 13 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Oregon is a better shooting team (46.5% vs 41.6%) than USC this season.
- We just win. Oregon has more wins over the last 5 years than USC (98 vs 89).
- Be afraid. Oregon has blown out more teams than USC this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- Oregon has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than USC ($19,336 vs $30,097).
- The Oregon rebounding leader (Arsalan Kazemi) has more rebounds than the USC rebounding leader (Dewayne Dedmon).