In spite of 13 points and 10 rebounds from Drew Kelly, the Eagles came up short 59-52 against Eastern Kentucky on January 12th. He tallies 7.1 points per game and also adds 3.4 rebounds per game. For the Redhawks, A.J. Jones put up 7 points in the 81-69 loss to Tennessee State on January 12th. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.7 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Southeast Missouri State performs well in turnover percentage at 18.0. This ranks 1st in the conference and 56th in the country.
Southeast Missouri State StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 908) than Southeast Missouri State, per the NCAA.
- Morehead State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morehead State is 208 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Southeast Missouri State.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southeast Missouri State (2 vs 0).
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 46th nationally in assists and 9th in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- Morehead State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.608 to 0.319).
- At least you keep showing up. Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Southeast Missouri State in 23 wins since 1991.
- Milton Chavis is ranked 3rd in the Ohio Valley in steals.
- The Morehead State steals leader (Milton Chavis) has more steals than the Southeast Missouri State steals leader (Tyler Stone).
- Even computers respect Morehead State more. We have a better RPI this season than Southeast Missouri State (RPI: #203 vs #208).