UC Davis vs. Cal State Northridge: Full Game Preview
|UC Davis||C Hawkins 18.0||R Howley 8.9||P Mancasola 3.7|
|CS Northridge||S Hicks 17.9||S Hicks 8.0||J Greene 4.0|
Cal State Northridge plays host to UC Davis at Matador Gymnasium on Thursday. The game tips off at 10:05 EST. The Matadors are 5-3 against the Aggies over the last four years. They fell 79-71 on 2/9/2012, the last time they met.
Cal State Northridge is in 10th place in the Big West and has an opportunity to gain ground on UC Davis who sit in 8th place.
In their last match-up, Stephen Maxwell finished with 20 points and 7 rebounds in the Matadors 79-69 loss against UC Irvine on January 12th. He tallies 13.4 points per game and also adds 7.7 rebounds per game. For the Aggies, Corey Hawkins finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the 66-59 loss to UC-Santa Barbara on January 12th. With 18.0 points per game and 1.4 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Cal State Northridge has a statistical advantage over UC Davis in one significant area, scoring, where the Matadors have an edge over the Aggies, 78 points per game to 70 points per game.
UC Davis StatSmack
- The Cal State Northridge steals leader (Josh Greene) has more steals than the UC Davis steals leader (Corey Hawkins).
- The Cal State Northridge assist leader (Josh Greene) has more assists than the UC Davis assist leader (Paolo Mancasola).
- People just expect us to beat you. Cal State Northridge has been the favorite 7 out of the last 8 times.
- It must sting. Cal State Northridge has blown out UC Davis by 20 points or more on 8 occasions since 2004.
- It's only wins and losses, but Cal State Northridge has a better overall record than UC Davis this season (9-4 vs 4-8).
- The Cal State Northridge scoring leader (Stephan Hicks) has more points than the UC Davis scoring leader (Corey Hawkins).
- Cal State Northridge is better under pressure, and has defeated UC Davis in 3 out of the last 4 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Brandon Perry is ranked 5th in the Big West in blocks.
- Tre Hale-Edmerson is ranked 9th in the Big West in steals and 7th in the Big West in blocks.
- Cal State Northridge has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.426 to 0.336).