In a 73-69 win over Citadel on January 14th, Andrew Lawrence put up 21 points for the Cougars. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (13.9), assists (4.1), and steals (1.8). For the Eagles, Eric Ferguson finished with 14 points in the 70-57 win over Davidson on January 14th. He contributes a team-leading 14.4 points per game, 7.5 rebounds per game, and 1.5 steals per game.
Georgia Southern StatSmack
- College of Charleston beat Georgia Southern by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 23, 2012).
- Adjehi Baru is ranked 34th nationally in rebounds and 5th in SoCon in blocks.
- The College of Charleston rebounding leader (Adjehi Baru) has more rebounds than the Georgia Southern rebounding leader (Eric Ferguson).
- Theo Johnson is ranked 7th in SoCon in blocks.
- Even computers respect College of Charleston more. We have a better RPI this season than Georgia Southern (RPI: #69 vs #224).
- Anthony Thomas is ranked 9th in SoCon in blocks.
- How does our back look? College of Charleston is ranked higher than Georgia Southern in SoCon (#1 vs #7).
- College of Charleston is better at defending the three (28.7% allowed vs 31.7% allowed) than Georgia Southern this season.
- College of Charleston can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.2 per game vs 30.2 per game) than Georgia Southern this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. College of Charleston has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Southern 6 times since 2002.