|Oregon State||R Nelson 15.4||E Moreland 11.1||J Burton 3.1|
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.2||K Anderson 8.9||L Drew II 8.1|
On Thursday, No. 24 UCLA plays host to Oregon State at Pauley Pavilion. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPNU. The Bruins are 6-1 against the Beavers over the last four years. They lost 87-84 the last time they played (1/19/2012).
UCLA is in 1st place in the conference, Oregon State is in 10th place.
In a 78-75 triumph over Colorado on January 12th, Travis Wear put up 23 points for the Bruins. He tallies 12.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.4 blocks per game. For the Beavers, Joe Burton put up 15 points and 8 rebounds in the 80-70 loss to Arizona on January 12th. With 3.1 assists per game and 1.2 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oregon State StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. UCLA has come back to win after being down at half against Oregon State 6 times since 1999.
- It must sting. UCLA has blown out Oregon State by 20 points or more on 11 occasions since 2000.
- At least you keep showing up. UCLA has an average margin of victory of 14 over Oregon State in 45 wins since 1980.
- People just expect us to beat you. UCLA has been the favorite 30 out of the last 35 times.
- The UCLA assist leader (Larry Drew II) has more assists than the Oregon State assist leader (Roberto Nelson).
- UCLA has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than Oregon State (18 vs 1)
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 UCLA has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Oregon State (25 vs 0).
- We just win. UCLA has more wins over the last 5 years than Oregon State (127 vs 80).
- UCLA has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.693 to 0.401).
- UCLA is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.6% vs 65.8%) than Oregon State this season.
- Even computers respect UCLA more. We have a better RPI this season than Oregon State (RPI: #55 vs #210).
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|