|Eastern Kentucky||G Cosey 15.0||T Johnson 4.5||M DiNunno 4.2|
|Belmont||I Clark 18.8||T Noack 5.6||K Johnson 5.1|
On Thursday, Belmont plays host to Eastern Kentucky at Curb Event Center. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Bruins have not played the Colonels since the 1999-00 season, when they won 85-69.
Eastern Kentucky and Belmont share 1st place in the Ohio Valley.
In their last game, Ian Clark put up 32 points in the Bruins 90-53 romp of Tennessee-Martin on January 12th. He leads the team with 18.8 points per game. For the Colonels, Tarius Johnson finished with 11 points and 7 rebounds in the 59-52 win over Morehead State on January 12th. He is averaging 7.1 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 4.5 per game.
Belmont has a statistical advantage over Eastern Kentucky in one significant category, rebounding, where the Bruins have an edge over the Colonels, 34 per game to 27 per game. Eastern Kentucky can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 54.3 and turnover percentage at 18.5.
Eastern Kentucky StatSmack
- The Belmont scoring leader (Ian Clark) has more points than the Eastern Kentucky scoring leader (Glenn Cosey).
- The Belmont three-point leader (Ian Clark) has more three-pointers than the Eastern Kentucky three-point leader (Glenn Cosey).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Belmont has a stronger schedule than Eastern Kentucky this season (SOS Rank: #12 vs #336).
- Belmont players are more experienced than Eastern Kentucky players (12,607 minutes played vs 8,839 minutes played).
- Even computers respect Belmont more. We have a better RPI this season than Eastern Kentucky (RPI: #21 vs #139).
- Belmont embarrassed Eastern Kentucky by 16 points the last time they played (Nov 20, 1999).
- We just win. Belmont has more wins over the last 5 years than Eastern Kentucky (130 vs 93).
- Belmont takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Eastern Kentucky (5 vs 2).
- The Belmont basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Eastern Kentucky (100% vs 67%).
- Blake Jenkins is ranked 5th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.