Georgia Tech vs. Duke: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.9||R Carter 6.5||M Udofia 3.2|
|Duke||S Curry 16.4||M Plumlee 12.0||Q Cook 6.2|
No. 3 Duke welcomes Georgia Tech to Cameron Indoor Stadium on Thursday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Blue Devils are 5-1 against the Yellow Jackets over the last four years. They won 81-74 on 1/7/2012 the last time they played.
Duke is currently in 3rd place in the ACC and Georgia Tech is in 12th.
The Blue Devils were defeated by NC State 84-76 on January 12th despite 22 points and 5 rebounds from Seth Curry. He leads the team with 16.4 points per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Daniel Miller finished with 6 points and 11 rebounds in the 70-65 loss to Virginia Tech on January 12th. He is averaging 7.3 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.5 per game.
Duke has a statistical advantage over Georgia Tech in one significant area, scoring, where the Blue Devils have an edge over the Yellow Jackets, 79 points per game to 65 points per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- Duke takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Georgia Tech (10 vs 4).
- The Duke basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia Tech (83% vs 36%).
- It's only wins and losses, but Duke has a better overall record than Georgia Tech this season (12-0 vs 9-2).
- At least you keep showing up. Duke has an average margin of victory of 14 over Georgia Tech in 51 wins since 1980.
- Duke is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.5% vs 64.7%) than Georgia Tech this season.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Duke has had more players drafted by the NBA than Georgia Tech (13 vs 7).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Duke has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Tech 4 times since 1996.
- Tyler Thornton is ranked 3rd in the ACC in steals.
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Duke has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Georgia Tech (11 vs 3).
- The Duke assist leader (Quinn Cook) has more assists than the Georgia Tech assist leader (Mfon Udofia).
- Quinn Cook is ranked 36th nationally in assists and 3rd in the ACC in steals.
|D+||S. Poole, Jr.||10||3||3||1||0||0||0|