|Utah State||P Medlin 16.4||J Shaw 8.7||P Medlin 3.3|
|New Mexico State||D Mullings 14.9||B Sy 6.9||T Watson 3.0|
On Thursday, New Mexico State plays host to Utah State at Pan American Center. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on AggieVision. The New Mexico State Aggies are 4-6 against the Utah State Aggies over the last four years. They won 80-69 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
New Mexico State is in 4th place in the conference, Utah State is in 1st place.
In their last outing, behind 16 points from K.C. Ross-Miller, the New Mexico State Aggies defeated Idaho 71-70 on January 12th. While contributing 2.8 assists per game, he also scores 5.0 points per game. For the Utah State Aggies, Preston Medlin put up 25 points and 5 assists in the 66-60 win over San Jose State on January 11th. With 16.4 points per game and 3.3 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. A few of the Four Factors in which Utah State stands out are effective field goal percentage at 54.9, offensive rebounding percentage at 38.3, and free throw rate at 42.1.
Utah State StatSmack
- Daniel Mullings is ranked 5th in the WAC in points, 10th in the WAC in assists, and 6th in the WAC in steals.
- K.C. Ross-Miller is ranked 7th in the WAC in assists and 10th in the WAC in steals.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 New Mexico State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Utah State (1 vs 0).
- Sim Bhullar is ranked 5th in the WAC in blocks.
- Bandja Sy is ranked 6th in the WAC in rebounds.
- It must sting. New Mexico State has blown out Utah State by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 1996.
- New Mexico State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on New Mexico State is 79.0 inches compared to 76.6 inches for Utah State.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. New Mexico State has a stronger schedule than Utah State this season (SOS Rank: #65 vs #340).
- New Mexico State waxed Utah State by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 11, 2012).
- New Mexico State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on New Mexico State is 225 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Utah State.
- The New Mexico State scoring leader (Daniel Mullings) has more points than the Utah State scoring leader (Preston Medlin).
|D+||Terrel de Rouen||14||5||2||1||0||0||1|