The Latest on Chip Kelly's Hiring in Philadelphia, More NFC East News
I woke up today feeling particularly annoyed with the Philadelphia Eagles and their glacially slow, seemingly unfocused search for a new head coach. So rather than sharing the division's top links as per usual, I jumped right into a column criticizing the Eagles for their approach.
Minutes after that column was published, word emerged that the Eagles had won the prize they'd been chasing the whole time, with Oregon head coach and offensive innovator Chip Kelly filling the vacancy left by Andy Reid.
- Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer says the Eagles hired a mind, not a system.
- Three important details from the Inquirer's Jeff McLane, who doesn't believe Kelly has gained full control of personnel. McLane also notes that Kelly wants to switch to a 3-4 defense and that the Eagles would have made Gus Bradley an offer had Kelly not been hired.
- Eagles fans are polarized over the hiring, according to Peter Mucha of the Philadelphia Daily News.
- Rich Hofmann of the same outlet approves of the bet the Eagles have placed on the future.
- PhillyMag.com's Sheil Kapadia looks at what Kelly might do at quarterback.
- Tim McManus of the same publication notes that the flames were rekindled between the Eagles and Kelly last Tuesday.
- From Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe: Kelly has worked with Bill Belichick.
- Grantland's Chris Brown has a very in-depth breakdown of Kelly's offensive system.
Elsewhere in the NFC East...
From ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon: Chip Kelly's offenses dominated Monte Kiffin's defenses in the Pac-12.
From Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: Cowboys special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis is leaving for the same role in Chicago.
From Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger: Terrell Thomas wants to return to the Giants in 2013.
From Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News: Eli Manning is off to the Pro Bowl.
John Keim of the Washington Examiner looks at which Redskins should stay, and which should go.
Rich Tandler of Real Redskins doesn't expect the team to do anything in restricted free agency.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?