In an 82-64 dismantling of Santa Clara on January 12th, Tyler Haws put up 24 points and 5 rebounds for the Cougars. His 21.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Gaels, Matthew Dellavedova put up 19 points and 6 assists in the 78-72 win over San Francisco on January 12th. With 17.3 points per game and 6.4 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Saint Mary's will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 57.2 and defensive rebounding percentage at 75.1.
Saint Mary's StatSmack
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Brigham Young has had more players drafted by the NBA than Saint Mary's (4 vs 1).
- Brigham Young has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.643 to 0.556).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Brigham Young has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Saint Mary's (1 vs 0).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Brigham Young has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Saint Mary's (5 vs 0).
- The Brigham Young scoring leader (Tyler Haws) has more points than the Saint Mary's scoring leader (Matthew Dellavedova).
- At least you keep showing up. Brigham Young has an average margin of victory of 16 over Saint Mary's in 4 wins since 1980.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Brigham Young has a stronger schedule than Saint Mary's this season (SOS Rank: #29 vs #261).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Brigham Young currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 967) than Saint Mary's, per the NCAA.
- Matt Carlino is ranked 9th in the West Coast in assists and 8th in the West Coast in steals.
- The Brigham Young rebounding leader (Brandon Davies) has more rebounds than the Saint Mary's rebounding leader (Brad Waldow).
- The Brigham Young basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Saint Mary's (100% vs 69%).