Oklahoma State 69
(2-0, 2-0 home)
Venue: Coliseo Ruben Rodriquez
10:30AM ET / 7:30AM PT, November 15, 2012
||B Walsh 13
||Z Marshall 9
||A Abreu 5
||L Nash 18
||M Smart 8
||M Smart 5
On Thursday, November 15th, Akron lost to Oklahoma State 69-65 in overtime. The Zips got a double-double out of Brian Walsh with a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. Jake Kretzer also had a solid outing, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. Marcus Smart got 14 points and nine rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast) for the Cowboys. Akron (1-2, 0-0 MAC) takes on North Carolina-Asheville (1-2, 0-0 Big South) on Friday, November 16th on the road.
Akron Game Notes
- Akron started 1-2 during the 2009, 2001, 2000, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Akron has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Zips have played in 17 overtime games with a record of 10-7.
- The Zips have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Brian Walsh and Alex Abreu) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Brian Walsh) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Jake Kretzer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Walsh recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Brian Walsh had career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Alex Abreu has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Le`Bryan Nash and Markel Brown) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Markel Brown set a career high with 3 three-pointers.