Oklahoma State 69
(2-0, 2-0 home)
Venue: Coliseo Ruben Rodriquez
10:30AM ET / 7:30AM PT, November 15, 2012
||B Walsh 13
||Z Marshall 9
||A Abreu 5
||L Nash 18
||M Smart 8
||M Smart 5
Oklahoma State squared off with Akron on Thursday, November 15th and beat the Zips 69-65 in overtime. The Cowboys were led by Marcus Smart, who put up 14 points plus nine rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Philip Jurick had two points and added eight rebounds. Brian Walsh recorded a double-double for the Zips with a team-high 14 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, November 16th when Oklahoma State (2-0, 0-0 Big 12) goes to Tennessee (2-0, 0-0 SEC).
Oklahoma State Game Notes
- Oklahoma State started 2-0 during the 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- OSU beat the spread by 0.5 points.
- Oklahoma State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Cowboys have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 6-3.
- The top two scorers (Le`Bryan Nash and Markel Brown) accounted for 50.7% of the points.
- Markel Brown had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Akron Game Notes
- Akron lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Zips have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Brian Walsh and Alex Abreu) accounted for 41.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Brian Walsh) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Jake Kretzer has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Walsh recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Brian Walsh set career highs with 10 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Alex Abreu has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 5th of his career.