(3-1, 1-1 away)
(17) Gonzaga 72
(5-0, 5-0 home)
Venue: HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
7:50PM ET / 4:50PM PT, November 23, 2012
||R Osby 12
||R Osby 8
||S Grooms 2
||E Harris 14
||E Harris 9
||D Stockton 4
On an evening when they outrebounded the Sooners 51-24, No. 17 Gonzaga punished Oklahoma 72-47. Kelly Olynyk had an impressive game for the Bulldogs and got eight points and eight rebounds. Elias Harris also had a great game, scoring a season-high 18 points and adding four rebounds. Romero Osby got a team-high 13 points and five rebounds for the Sooners. Gonzaga (5-0, 0-0 West Coast) gets Davidson (3-2, 0-0 SoCon) at home on Sunday, November 25th.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:27 left to go.
- Gonzaga started 5-0 during the 2011, 2008, 2006, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Oklahoma extended the Gonzaga winning streak to 5 games.
- Zags beat the spread by 16.0 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Zags has been on the winning end of 52 blowout games.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Gonzaga has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (25) than the starters (20).
- Elias Harris has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Sam Dower had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Romero Osby and Isaiah Cousins) accounted for 48.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Romero Osby and Amath M`Baye) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 4 games this season.
- Romero Osby has 3 straight double-digit point games.
|B||Guy Landry Edi||19||7||4||1||0||0||2|