Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson Won't Play in 2013 NFL Pro Bowl
According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Rodgers said Tuesday on his ESPN Milwaukee radio show that injuries would prevent him from playing. "I didn’t pass my physical," Rodgers said, adding, "I don’t want to get into too much of the details."
This probably shouldn’t come as a huge surprise considering Rodgers was sacked 51 times this season, the most of any quarterback.
Rodgers, who was set to be the NFC’s starting quarterback, was critical of his teammates following their 59-41 loss to the AFC in last year's Pro Bowl. According to Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, Rodgers wasn't pleased with their effort. "I was a little bit disappointed. I felt like some of the guys on the NFC side embarrassed themselves," he said.
Rodgers had another remarkable season and was also named to the AP All-Pro second-team. He completed 67 percent of his passes for 4,295 yards, 39 touchdowns and just eight interceptions. He also led the NFL with a passer rating of 108.0.
As for Johnson, the 27-year-old receiver played through a few nagging injuries this season and will attend the Pro Bowl as a spectator, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press.
Megatron highlighted a disappointing season for the Lions (4-12) by breaking Jerry Rice’s single-season receiving yards record. Johnson came up short of the 2,000-yard mark, but his 1,964 yards bested Rice’s 1,848 yards from 1995.
This is the third consecutive year that Megatron has been selected for the Pro Bowl and voted an AP All-Pro.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?