(14-2, 5-2 away)
(6-9, 4-6 home)
Venue: Memorial Gym (TN)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||M Henderson 19
||M Holloway 10
||J Summers 3
||K Johnson 15
||K Bright 6
||K Johnson 3
On Tuesday, January 15th, Ole Miss got a road win against Vanderbilt 89-79 in overtime. Reginald Buckner got 14 points and 11 rebounds for the Rebels, earning a double-double. Marshall Henderson had a game-high 26 points and added four rebounds. For the Commodores, Kedren Johnson finished with a team-high 19 points, including 5-of-11 shooting from three-point range. Ole Miss (14-2, 3-0 SEC) welcomes Arkansas (10-5, 1-1 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- Ole Miss started 14-2 during the 2000 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Vanderbilt extended the Ole Miss winning streak to 6 games.
- Ole Miss beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- Ole Miss has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Rebels have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 8-7.
- The Rebels have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Ole Miss has won 30 close games.
- The Rebels have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 89 or more total points.
- Ole Miss has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3% or better.
- Ole Miss has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Ole Miss has won 92% of the time (12-1) when Murphy Holloway has 12 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Marshall Henderson has 7 field goals made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Jarvis Summers has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Rebels set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time Ole Miss had a field goal percentage of 51.6% or higher was Dec 10, 2011 against Mississippi Valley State.
- Ole Miss set a season low for steals.
- The Rebels have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Ole Miss has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 5th win of the season where the Rebels came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 44.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Summers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Reginald Buckner recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reginald Buckner recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vanderbilt lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Commodores have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 20 close games.
- This loss extended the Commodores losing streak to 3 games.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5, assists with 8, and three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Dai-Jon Parker) accounted for 44.3% of the points.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 7 times in 15 games this season.
- Shelby Moats has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 15 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson set career highs with 5 three-pointers and 8 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Rod Odom.