On Tuesday, January 15th, Vanderbilt took on Ole Miss and lost at home against the Rebels 89-79 in overtime. The Commodores got a good effort from Kedren Johnson, who put up a team-high 19 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Dai-Jon Parker had a career-high 16 points and added six rebounds. Reginald Buckner registered a double-double for the Rebels with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Vanderbilt (6-9, 0-3 SEC) takes on South Carolina (10-5, 0-2 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- Vanderbilt has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Commodores have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 5-9.
- The Commodores have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt has lost 20 close games.
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, Vanderbilt has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 6 or more steals this season, Vanderbilt has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 6 or more three-pointers this season, Vanderbilt has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Commodores set season highs for assists and three-pointers.
- The last time Vandy recorded at least 17 three-pointers was Jan 08, 2005 against Tennessee.
- Vanderbilt has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 10 games.
- This is the 1st loss of the season where the Commodores opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Vandy has a 3.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kedren Johnson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 5, assists with 8, and three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Dai-Jon Parker) accounted for 44.3% of the points.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 15 games this season.
- Shelby Moats has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 15 games this season.
- Kedren Johnson had career highs with 5 three-pointers and 8 assists.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Rod Odom.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Ole Miss has lost 24 close games.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 44.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reginald Buckner and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Reginald Buckner has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Murphy Holloway has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Summers has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Reginald Buckner recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Reginald Buckner recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.