On Tuesday, January 15th, DePaul lost on their home court to Cincinnati 75-70 in conference play. Cleveland Melvin put up a career-high 32 points and eight rebounds in the loss. Charles McKinney had 10 points and added four assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Bearcats, Cashmere Wright finished with a team-high 20 points and seven assists. Next up for DePaul (8-7, 1-3 Big East) is St. John's (10-7, 2-3 Big East) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul started 10-7 during the 2011, 2006, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- DePaul beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Blue Demons have beaten the spread.
- The Blue Demons have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul has lost 31 close games.
- DePaul has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 2 or fewer three-pointers.
- DePaul set season lows for rebounds and turnovers.
- DePaul has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--DePaul has a 6.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a team season high in field goals made with 14.
- Cleveland Melvin accounted for 45.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cleveland Melvin and Donnavan Kirk) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 13 times in 17 games this season.
- Brandon Young has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Cleveland Melvin's career.
- Cleveland Melvin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cleveland Melvin had career highs with 32 points and 14 field goals made.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Bearcats won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati has lost 22 close games.
- Cheikh Mbodj recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Cashmere Wright and Sean Kilpatrick) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- Cashmere Wright has led the team in scoring 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Cashmere Wright's career.