On Tuesday, January 15th, Cincinnati took on DePaul and got a road victory against the Blue Demons 75-70 in Big East play. Cashmere Wright had a big game for the Bearcats and put up a team-high 20 points and seven assists. Sean Kilpatrick had 18 points and added six rebounds. For the Blue Demons, Cleveland Melvin got a career-high 32 points and eight rebounds. Next up for Cincinnati (15-3, 3-2 Big East) is 25th-ranked Marquette (12-3, 3-0 Big East) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati started 15-3 during the 2004, 2003, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The Bearcats have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Cincinnati has won 33 close games.
- The Bearcats have won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Cincinnati has won 93% of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer assists.
- This season Cincinnati has won 89% of the time (8-1) when JaQuon Parker has 12 points or more and 75% of the time (9-3) when Sean Kilpatrick plays 31 minutes or more.
- The Bearcats set season highs for blocks, field goal percentage, three-point percentage, and turnovers.
- Our 12 blocks is the 20th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time Cincinnati had a field goal percentage of 59.5% or higher was Dec 17, 2011 against Radford.
- Cincinnati set a season low for steals.
- Cincinnati has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- Cheikh Mbodj recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (Cashmere Wright and Sean Kilpatrick) accounted for 50.6% of the points.
- Cashmere Wright has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Cashmere Wright's career.
DePaul Game Notes
- The Blue Demons have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, DePaul has lost 31 close games.
- Cleveland Melvin recorded a team season high in field goals made with 14.
- Cleveland Melvin accounted for 45.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cleveland Melvin and Donnavan Kirk) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 8 times and in rebounding 13 times in 17 games this season.
- Brandon Young has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Cleveland Melvin's career.
- Cleveland Melvin has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Cleveland Melvin set career highs with 32 points and 14 field goals made.