In their last match-up, Ben Simons finished with 23 points and 5 rebounds in the Bulldogs 82-77 victory over Illinois State on January 12th. With 14.5 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Aces, Colt Ryan finished with 24 points and 8 assists in the 71-67 win over Wichita State on January 13th. With 16.4 points per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, Evansville is strong in turnover percentage at 17.1. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 27th in the nation.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Drake has come back to win after being down at half against Evansville 5 times since 2001.
- Seth VanDeest is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- You get an A for effort, but Drake has emerged victorious against Evansville the last 3 times they've played.
- Drake has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.507 to 0.407).
- Drake embarrassed Evansville by 24 points the last time they played (Feb 12, 2012).
- AP voters think more highly of Drake and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Evansville (15 vs 0).
- Drake is a better three-point shooting team (41.0% vs 36.2%) than Evansville this season.
- We just win. Drake has more wins over the last 5 years than Evansville (96 vs 74).
- Richard Carter is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Jordan Clarke is ranked 3rd in the Missouri Valley in rebounds.
- Drake is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Drake is 209 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Evansville.