(13-4, 3-2 away)
(2) Indiana 59
(15-2, 11-2 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IN)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||J Berggren 12
||R Evans 7
||B Brust 3
||C Zeller 16
||C Zeller 7
||K Ferrell 5
Despite being huge favorites on Tuesday, January 15th, No. 2 Indiana lost in a stunner to Wisconsin 64-59 in conference play. Cody Zeller got a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds for the Hoosiers, earning a double-double. Victor Oladipo scored 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Badgers, Ryan Evans finished with a team-high 13 points and eight rebounds. Indiana (15-2, 3-1 Big Ten) takes on Northwestern (10-7, 1-3 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 20th on the road.
Indiana Game Notes
- The last time IU started the season 15-2 was 2011.
- The Hoosiers have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Indiana has lost 23 close games.
- IU set season lows for assists, blocks, field goals made, field goal percentage, steals, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- Indiana has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Hoosiers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--IU has a 31.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Cody Zeller recorded a team season high in field goals made with 9 and field goals attempted with 15.
- Cody Zeller accounted for 38.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cody Zeller and Christian Watford) accounted for 40.5% of the rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 9 times and in rebounding 7 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Cody Zeller's career.
- Cody Zeller has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 9th of his career.
- Christian Watford has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo has 15 straight double-digit point games.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Evans and Sam Dekker) accounted for 42.8% of the rebounds.
- Ryan Evans has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 9 times in 17 games this season.
- Ryan Evans has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Traevon Jackson.