In their last match-up, Konner Tucker finished with 12 points in the Miners 72-44 blowout of Houston Baptist on January 14th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 13.3 points per contest. For the Golden Hurricane, Shaquille Harrison put up 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 64-51 win over Rice on January 12th. He averages 6.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.0 steals per game.
- Texas-El Paso beat Tulsa by 9 points the last time they played (Feb 08, 2012).
- Winning is in our blood. Texas-El Paso had a better record in close games than Tulsa last season (6-5 vs 5-10).
- Texas-El Paso has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.645 to 0.546).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Texas-El Paso has a stronger schedule than Tulsa this season (SOS Rank: #15 vs #127).
- Texas-El Paso takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tulsa (3 vs 1).
- Texas-El Paso is a better three-point shooting team (36.1% vs 32.8%) than Tulsa this season.
- The Texas-El Paso assist leader (Jacques Streeter) has more assists than the Tulsa assist leader (James Woodard).
- John Bohannon is ranked 5th in C-USA in blocks.
- Even computers respect Texas-El Paso more. We have a better RPI this season than Tulsa (RPI: #85 vs #132).