Southern Illinois 66
(8-9, 4-7 away)
(11-7, 8-3 home)
Venue: Carver Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||D Jackson 17
||J Early 7
||K Brown-Surles 2
||W Lemon Jr. 13
||T Pickett 6
||W Lemon Jr. 3
Southern Illinois faced off with Bradley on Tuesday, January 15th and let one slip away to the Braves 69-66 in conference play. The Salukis are now 0-2 against Bradley this season. Desmar Jackson put up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Salukis, scoring a game-high 21 points on 60% shooting in 36 minutes. The Salukis got a good effort from Desmar Jackson, who got a game-high 21 points and six rebounds. Jeff Early played his way to a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Dyricus Simms-Edwards got a team-high 18 points and four rebounds for the Braves. The Salukis are on a five-game losing streak. Southern Illinois (8-9, 1-5 The Valley) hosts Illinois State (9-8, 0-5 The Valley) on Sunday, January 20th.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois started 8-9 during the 2007, 1997, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- SIU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Salukis have beaten the spread.
- The Salukis have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Illinois has lost 31 close games.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 26 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1% or better this season, Southern Illinois has lost 90% of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 8 or more three-pointers this season, Southern Illinois has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Southern Illinois has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- Southern Illinois has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Salukis opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Jeff Early accounted for 42.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Jeff Early recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeff Early recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 7th of his career.
- Anthony Beane Jr. has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Desmar Jackson's career.
- Desmar Jackson has 3 straight 20+ point games.
Bradley Game Notes
- Bradley won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Braves won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Bradley has lost 29 close games.
- The top two scorers (Dyricus Simms-Edwards and Walt Lemon Jr.) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Egolf and Tyshon Pickett) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- Dyricus Simms-Edwards has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Will Egolf has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. set a career high with 8 assists.
- Will Egolf set a career high with 3 three-pointers.
|B||A. Beane Jr.||37||13||2||0||0||0||0|
|A||Walt Lemon Jr.||38||16||2||8||3||0||7|