In their last game, Jon Nwannunu put up 19 points and 8 rebounds in the Bulldogs 79-61 romp of Radford on January 12th. He is averaging 9.4 points and 5.0 rebounds per game. For the Buccaneers, Saah Nimley put up 21 points and 8 rebounds in the 75-62 win over Longwood on January 12th. He averages 14.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.6 assists per game. Charleston Southern will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 37.6 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 46th in the country.
Charleston Southern StatSmack
- Even computers respect North Carolina-Asheville more. We have a better RPI this season than Charleston Southern (RPI: #163 vs #228).
- It must sting. North Carolina-Asheville has blown out Charleston Southern by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1997.
- We just win. North Carolina-Asheville has more wins over the last 5 years than Charleston Southern (103 vs 72).
- North Carolina-Asheville is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on North Carolina-Asheville is 207 lbs compared to 196 lbs for Charleston Southern.
- D.J. Cunningham is ranked 26th nationally in blocks.
- North Carolina-Asheville is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on North Carolina-Asheville is 77.2 inches compared to 74.8 inches for Charleston Southern.
- Trent Meyer is ranked 5th in the Big South in assists, 5th in the Big South in steals, and 9th in the Big South in blocks.
- North Carolina-Asheville embarrassed Charleston Southern by 27 points the last time they played (Mar 01, 2012).
- The North Carolina-Asheville rebounding leader (Jeremy Atkinson) has more rebounds than the Charleston Southern rebounding leader (Paul Gombwer).
- The North Carolina-Asheville three-point leader (Keith Hornsby) has more three-pointers than the Charleston Southern three-point leader (Saah Nimley).
- The North Carolina-Asheville blocks leader (D.J. Cunningham) has more blocks than the Charleston Southern blocks leader (Allie Fullah).