The Red Raiders were defeated by Kansas 60-46 on January 12th despite 11 points from Jamal Williams, Jr.. He tallies 5.2 points per game and also adds 2.5 rebounds per game. For the Sooners, Buddy Hield put up 15 points and 5 assists in the 77-68 win over Oklahoma State on January 12th. He is averaging 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game.
- The Texas Tech scoring leader (Jaye Crockett) has more points than the Oklahoma scoring leader (Romero Osby).
- Jaye Crockett is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in points and 3rd in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- The Texas Tech rebounding leader (Jaye Crockett) has more rebounds than the Oklahoma rebounding leader (Romero Osby).
- Daylen Robinson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Texas Tech has come back to win after being down at half against Oklahoma 3 times since 1997.
- Texas Tech has a more potent offense, scoring more points (76.5 per game vs 67.9 per game) than Oklahoma this season.
- The Texas Tech steals leader (Josh Gray) has more steals than the Oklahoma steals leader (Buddy Hield).
- Dejan Kravic is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- The Texas Tech blocks leader (Dejan Kravic) has more blocks than the Oklahoma blocks leader (Romero Osby).
- The Texas Tech assist leader (Josh Gray) has more assists than the Oklahoma assist leader (Sam Grooms).
- At least you keep showing up. Texas Tech has an average margin of victory of 10 over Oklahoma in 13 wins since 1995.