Northern Iowa dropped one to No. 12 Creighton 79-68 in conference play on Tuesday, January 15th. The Panthers are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-4). The Panthers got a season-high 25 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Anthony James. Jake Koch also contributed, scoring a season-high 19 points and adding four rebounds. For the Bluejays, Doug McDermott got a game-high 31 points and four rebounds. Northern Iowa (9-9, 2-4 The Valley) gets Drake (7-9, 1-4 The Valley) at home on Sunday, January 20th.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:43 left to go.
- The last time UNI started the season 9-9 was 1997.
- UNI beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, UNI played 12 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-10.
- Northern Iowa has lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- The Panthers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a three-point percentage of 26.7% or worse.
- When the opposition records 11 or more free throws made this season, Northern Iowa has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- The Panthers set a season high for steals.
- UNI set a season low for free throws made.
- Anthony James recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11 and field goals attempted with 20.
- Anthony James accounted for 36.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony James and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Anthony James has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Anthony James's career.
- Anthony James has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony James had a career high with 11 field goals made.
Creighton Game Notes
- Creighton won, but did not cover the spread.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 39.2% of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 14 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 16 straight double-digit point games.