No. 12 Creighton came out on top against Northern Iowa 79-68 in The Valley play on Tuesday, January 15th. The Bluejays were led by Doug McDermott, who put up a game-high 31 points plus four rebounds. Will Artino had six points and added four rebounds. For the Panthers, Anthony James finished with a season-high 25 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). Creighton (17-1, 6-0 The Valley) takes on Wichita State (15-2, 4-1 The Valley) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:43 left to go.
- The win over Northern Iowa extended the Creighton winning streak to 11 games.
- The Bluejays have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- Creighton has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Creighton has a 19.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 39.2% of the team's points.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 43rd 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 16 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- Anthony James recorded a team season high in field goals made with 11 and field goals attempted with 20.
- Anthony James accounted for 36.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony James and Seth Tuttle) accounted for 40.7% of the rebounds.
- Anthony James has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Anthony James's career.
- Anthony James has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony James set a career high with 11 field goals made.