Comparing team stats, Southern Miss looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Golden Eagles have the upper hand over the Mustangs, 73 points per game to 64 points per game. Southern Miss will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: offensive rebounding percentage at 42.3 and effective field goal percentage at 54.1.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- The Southern Methodist rebounding leader (Jalen Jones) has more rebounds than the Southern Miss rebounding leader (Jonathan Mills).
- The Southern Methodist scoring leader (Jalen Jones) has more points than the Southern Miss scoring leader (Jerrold Brooks).
- Southern Methodist is a better three-point shooting team (40.3% vs 34.4%) than Southern Miss this season.
- Southern Methodist is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Methodist is 76.9 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Southern Miss.
- Southern Methodist players are more experienced than Southern Miss players (6,473 minutes played vs 5,908 minutes played).
- Jalen Jones is ranked 3rd in C-USA in points, 28th nationally in rebounds, 10th in C-USA in steals, and 8th in C-USA in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Southern Methodist has an average margin of victory of 7 over Southern Miss in 3 wins since 2005.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Southern Methodist has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Southern Miss (1 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Southern Methodist currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (943 to 922) than Southern Miss, per the NCAA.
- Nick Russell is ranked 9th in C-USA in points, 2nd in C-USA in assists, and 7th in C-USA in steals.
- Cannen Cunningham is ranked 2nd in C-USA in blocks.