On Tuesday, January 15th, Tennessee was tripped up by Kentucky 75-65 in conference play. Jordan McRae put up a game-high 23 points and four rebounds in the loss. Armani Moore had five points and added four rebounds. For the Wildcats, Nerlens Noel finished with 12 points and nine rebounds (6 Blk 4 Stl). Tennessee (9-7, 0-3 SEC) hosts Mississippi State (7-7, 2-0 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee started 8-7 during the 2011 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Tennessee beat the spread by 3 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- Tennessee has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0% or better this season, Tennessee has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- Tennessee has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 15 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jarnell Stokes.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Yemi Makenjuola.
Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Kyle Wiltjer has led the team in scoring 5 times in 16 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 16 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Harrow has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Archie Goodwin.