(8-7, 1-4 away)
(11-5, 10-2 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||J McRae 23
||J Stokes 5
||T Golden 6
||K Wiltjer 17
||N Noel 9
||R Harrow 4
On Tuesday, January 15th, Kentucky beat Tennessee 75-65 in SEC action. Nerlens Noel had a big game for the Wildcats and got 12 points and nine rebounds (6 Blk 4 Stl). Kyle Wiltjer had a team-high 17 points and added five rebounds. For the Volunteers, Jordan McRae finished with a game-high 23 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, January 19th when Kentucky (11-5, 2-1 SEC) heads to Auburn (8-7, 2-0 SEC).
Kentucky Game Notes
- The last time UK started the season 11-5 was 1999.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 8 or more blocks.
- Kentucky has won 88% of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0% or better.
- UK has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Kentucky has won 73% of the time (8-3) when Alex Poythress has 10 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Kyle Wiltjer has 6 field goals made or more, and 78% of the time (7-2) when Nerlens Noel has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 9 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--UK has a 23.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Nerlens Noel and Alex Poythress) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Kyle Wiltjer has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 16 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 16 games this season.
- Nerlens Noel has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Harrow has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Archie Goodwin.
Tennessee Game Notes
- This loss extended the Volunteers losing streak to 4 games.
- Jordan McRae accounted for 35.3% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
- Jordan McRae has led the team in scoring 6 times in 15 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 15 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has 4 straight 20+ point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jarnell Stokes.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Yemi Makenjuola.