The 30 points and 6 rebounds by Chris Dixon helped the Seahawks to an 82-74 victory over George Mason on January 12th. He is putting up 7.3 points per game while also averaging 2.7 rebounds per game. For the Monarchs, Nick Wright put up 14 points in the 71-46 loss to George Mason on January 10th. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.3 points per game. Old Dominion will hope to exploit their strength in offensive rebounding percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 41.4 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 11th in the country.
Old Dominion StatSmack
- Even computers respect North Carolina-Wilmington more. We have a better RPI this season than Old Dominion (RPI: #281 vs #285).
- The North Carolina-Wilmington rebounding leader (Keith Rendleman) has more rebounds than the Old Dominion rebounding leader (DeShawn Painter).
- The North Carolina-Wilmington scoring leader (Keith Rendleman) has more points than the Old Dominion scoring leader (DeShawn Painter).
- Freddie Jackson is ranked 10th in the CAA in steals.
- We make our fans proud. North Carolina-Wilmington has a better record at home than Old Dominion this season (5-0 vs 1-7).
- North Carolina-Wilmington is better under pressure, and has defeated Old Dominion in 7 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The North Carolina-Wilmington basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Old Dominion (100% vs 63%).
- Cedrick Williams is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds and 4th in the CAA in blocks.
- North Carolina-Wilmington is better at defending the three (31.3% allowed vs 39.2% allowed) than Old Dominion this season.
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina-Wilmington has an average margin of victory of 7 over Old Dominion in 17 wins since 1987.