Wake Forest 44
(9-7, 1-5 away)
(10-6, 8-3 home)
Venue: Littlejohn Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||C Harris 15
||T McKie 7
||C Miller-McIntyre 2
||D Booker 12
||D Booker 8
||R Hall 3
On a night when the Demon Deacons shot just 25% from the floor, Clemson pounded Wake Forest 60-44 in conference play. K.J. McDaniels had a big game for the Tigers and got a game-high 14 points and nine rebounds. Devin Booker had 12 points and added eight rebounds. Travis McKie got a double-double for the Demon Deacons on a team-high 12 points and 11 rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, January 20th when Clemson (10-6, 2-2 ACC) heads to 14th-ranked NC State (14-2, 3-0 ACC).
Clemson Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:00 left to go.
- Clemson started 10-6 during the 2004 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Clemson beat the spread by 8.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 44.9% or better.
- The Tigers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 36 or more rebounds.
- Clemson has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 44 or fewer total points.
- This season Clemson has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Milton Jennings has 6 rebounds or more.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Clemson has a 15.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- K.J. McDaniels recorded a team season high in blocks with 7.
- The top two scorers (K.J. McDaniels and Adonis Filer) accounted for 45.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (K.J. McDaniels and Devin Booker) accounted for 47.2% of the rebounds.
- Devin Booker has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- K.J. McDaniels had career highs with 9 rebounds, 7 defensive rebounds, and 7 blocks.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- Wake Forest lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Travis McKie and Devin Thomas) accounted for 52.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Travis McKie and Arnaud William Adala Moto) accounted for 40.4% of the rebounds.
- Travis McKie has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 9 times in 16 games this season.
- C.J. Harris set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Travis McKie recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis McKie has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Travis McKie recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 15th of his career.
|B-||A. Adala Moto||18||2||6||0||2||0||0|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||16||1||3||0||0||0||1|