Central Michigan 52
(8-8, 3-7 away)
Eastern Michigan 58
(8-9, 8-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (MI)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||K Randall 16
||J Simons 5
||C Fowler 5
||D Thompson 11
||D Riley 6
||J Ross 3
Central Michigan was edged by Eastern Michigan 58-52 in conference play on Tuesday, January 15th. Olivier Mbaigoto earned a double-double for the Chippewas with a season-high 18 points and 14 rebounds. Finis Craddock had a season-high 12 points. For the Eagles, Jamell Harris got a season-high 11 points and six rebounds. Central Michigan (8-8, 1-2 MAC) hosts Ball State (7-7, 1-1 MAC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:35 left to go.
- The last time CMU started the season 8-8 was 2009.
- Central Michigan has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 19 or fewer field goals made.
- CMU set a season low for free throws made.
- Olivier Mbaigoto recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Olivier Mbaigoto accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- Olivier Mbaigoto accounted for 42.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Olivier Mbaigoto has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 16 games this season.
- Kyle Randall has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Olivier Mbaigoto recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Olivier Mbaigoto recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Olivier Mbaigoto had career highs with 14 rebounds, 7 offensive rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Blake Hibbitts.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Fowler.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jalen Ross and Jamell Harris) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- Jamell Harris has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 17 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant set a career high with 5 blocks.
- Jamell Harris set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
|D||D. Richardson Jr.||12||0||1||0||1||0||0|