Boston University 48
(8-10, 2-7 away)
Stony Brook 75
(13-4, 6-1 home)
Venue: Pritchard Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 15, 2013
||D Morris 11
||J Papale 5
||D Irving 5
||D Coley 21
||J Warney 14
||C Puriefoy 4
Stony Brook held Boston University to only 30% from the floor and pounded the Terriers 75-48 in America East action on Tuesday, January 15th. Jameel Warney got 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Seawolves, earning a double-double. Tommy Brenton got a double-double as well with 12 points and 10 rebounds. For the Terriers, Dom Morris got a team-high 11 points and five rebounds. Stony Brook (13-4, 4-0 America East) gets Vermont (10-6, 3-1 America East) on the road on Friday, January 18th.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:13 left to go.
- The win over Boston University extended the Stony Brook winning streak to 5 games.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, STKNY has been on the winning end of 22 blowout games.
- The Seawolves have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Stony Brook has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 48 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 29.6% three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 90% of the time (9-1) when Jameel Warney has 12 points or more and 88% of the time (7-1) when Tommy Brenton has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Seawolves set season highs for assists and three-point percentage.
- The last time STKNY had a three-point percentage of 52.9% or higher was Feb 04, 2012 against Albany.
- STKNY set a season low for blocks.
- The Seawolves have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Jameel Warney recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- The top two scorers (Dave Coley and Jameel Warney) accounted for 44.0% of the points.
- Jameel Warney accounted for 35.0% of the team's rebounds.
- Dave Coley has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 17 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton recorded the 45th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 20th of his career.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Dave Coley's career.
- Dave Coley had career highs with 21 points, 3 three-pointers, and 4 steals.
- Jameel Warney recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jameel Warney has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jameel Warney recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
Boston University Game Notes
- Dom Morris has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Dom Morris has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Travis Robinson.
|C||M. Watson Jr.||25||7||3||3||3||0||5|