The Rams were defeated by Massachusetts 77-73 on January 13th despite 21 points and 7 rebounds from Branden Frazier. He leads the team in points with 16.1 per game and assists with 5.5 per game. For the 49ers, Willie Clayton finished with 11 points and 13 rebounds in the 58-50 win over Rhode Island on January 12th. He is averaging 8.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.7 rebounds per game. One category in which Charlotte is especially proficient is free throw rate at 43.3, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 30th nationally).
- The Fordham basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Charlotte (86% vs 67%).
- The Fordham rebounding leader (Ryan Canty) has more rebounds than the Charlotte rebounding leader (Willie Clayton).
- Branden Frazier is ranked 1st in the A-10 in points and 36th nationally in assists.
- The Fordham blocks leader (Ryan Canty) has more blocks than the Charlotte blocks leader (Willie Clayton).
- The Fordham assist leader (Branden Frazier) has more assists than the Charlotte assist leader (Pierra Henry).
- Bryan Smith is ranked 9th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Fordham has a stronger schedule than Charlotte this season (SOS Rank: #150 vs #294).
- The Fordham scoring leader (Branden Frazier) has more points than the Charlotte scoring leader (Chris Braswell).
- Fordham is a better three-point shooting team (32.4% vs 29.2%) than Charlotte this season.