In spite of 22 points from Trevis Simpson, the Spartans came up short 83-70 against Appalachian State on January 14th. At 18.3, he paces the team in points per game. The Terriers were defeated by Furman 69-65 on January 14th despite 17 points from Karl Cochran. He contributes a team-leading 16.3 points per game, 2.4 steals per game, and 0.5 blocks per game. When considering the Four Factors, Wofford performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.5. This ranks 1st in the conference and 22nd in the country.
- It must sting. North Carolina-Greensboro has blown out Wofford by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2000.
- North Carolina-Greensboro can actually jump, with more rebounds (38.7 per game vs 31.9 per game) than Wofford this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? North Carolina-Greensboro currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 963) than Wofford, per the NCAA.
- Winning is in our blood. North Carolina-Greensboro had a better record in close games than Wofford last season (6-2 vs 4-4).
- Drew Parker is ranked 10th in SoCon in assists.
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina-Greensboro has an average margin of victory of 15 over Wofford in 7 wins since 1997.
- Kelvin McNeil is ranked 9th in SoCon in rebounds.
- Trevis Simpson is ranked 3rd in SoCon in points and 6th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- How does our back look? North Carolina-Greensboro is ranked higher than Wofford in SoCon (#1 vs #7).
- North Carolina-Greensboro players are more experienced than Wofford players (12,284 minutes played vs 5,559 minutes played).