In their last outing, despite 17 points and 7 rebounds from Fuquan Edwin, the Pirates fell to Providence 67-55 on January 13th. He contributes a team-high 17.6 points per game and 2.4 steals per game. For the Golden Eagles, Vander Blue put up 22 points in the 74-67 win over Pittsburgh on January 12th. With 13.9 points per game and 1.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Marquette ranks 2nd in their conference in free throw rate at 41.7, which also places them 46th in the country.
- The Seton Hall steals leader (Fuquan Edwin) has more steals than the Marquette steals leader (Vander Blue).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Seton Hall has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Marquette (5 vs 4).
- East Rutherford isn't as congested as Milwaukee (population is significantly lower).
- Seton Hall is a better three-point shooting team (38.2% vs 30.2%) than Marquette this season.
- The Seton Hall rebounding leader (Gene Teague) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner).
- The Seton Hall three-point leader (Fuquan Edwin) has more three-pointers than the Marquette three-point leader (Vander Blue).
- Gene Teague is ranked 3rd in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Seton Hall scoring leader (Fuquan Edwin) has more points than the Marquette scoring leader (Davante Gardner).
- Fuquan Edwin is ranked 38th nationally in points, 4th in the Big East in three-pointers, and 16th nationally in steals.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Seton Hall has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Marquette (4 vs 3).
- The Seton Hall blocks leader (Brandon Mobley) has more blocks than the Marquette blocks leader (Chris Otule).