In their last game, Joel Smith put up 21 points and 6 assists in the Huskies 70-59 win over Towson on January 12th. He leads the team with 16.2 points per game. For the Pride, Stevie Mejia finished with 14 points and 9 assists in the 70-59 win over William & Mary on January 12th. With 4.3 assists per game and 1.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Northeastern is a better shooting team (43.1% vs 38.6%) than Hofstra this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Northeastern has a better overall record than Hofstra this season (5-7 vs 3-10).
- Northeastern allows fewer rebounds (31.2 allowed per game vs 38.6 allowed per game) than Hofstra this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northeastern has a stronger schedule than Hofstra this season (SOS Rank: #156 vs #209).
- It must sting. Northeastern has blown out Hofstra by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2008.
- The Northeastern three-point leader (Joel Smith) has more three-pointers than the Hofstra three-point leader (Taran Buie).
- Northeastern has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.518 to 0.512).
- Northeastern beat Hofstra by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 28, 2012).
- At least you keep showing up. Northeastern has an average margin of victory of 10 over Hofstra in 13 wins since 1994.
- The Northeastern scoring leader (Joel Smith) has more points than the Hofstra scoring leader (Taran Buie).
- Reggie Spencer is ranked 10th in the CAA in blocks.