In their last game, Otto Porter put up 19 points and 14 rebounds in the Hoyas 67-51 romp of St. John's on January 12th. He leads the team in points with 13.3 per game, rebounds with 7.7 per game, and steals with 2.0 per game. In a 67-55 victory over Seton Hall on January 13th, Bryce Cotton put up 23 points and 9 rebounds for the Friars. He leads the team with 21.6 points per game.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Georgetown has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Providence (9 vs 2).
- We beat real teams. Georgetown had more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Providence last season (8 vs 2).
- Georgetown has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Providence ($25,085 vs $34,927).
- AP voters think more highly of Georgetown and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Providence (108 vs 14).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Georgetown has had more players drafted by the NBA than Providence (6 vs 4).
- Georgetown waxed Providence by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Georgetown is better under pressure, and has defeated Providence in 5 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Even computers respect Georgetown more. We have a better RPI this season than Providence (RPI: #40 vs #132).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Georgetown has come back to win after being down at half against Providence 6 times since 1998.
- It's only wins and losses, but Georgetown has a better overall record than Providence this season (10-1 vs 8-4).