The Friars got past Seton Hall 67-55 on January 13th with the help of 23 points and 9 rebounds from Bryce Cotton. He leads the team with 21.6 points per game. For the Hoyas, Otto Porter finished with 19 points and 14 rebounds in the 67-51 blowout of St. John's on January 12th. He puts up a team-leading 13.3 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 2.0 steals per game. A key area of strength for Georgetown is defensive rebounding percentage at 72.1, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 49th nationally).
- Providence has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgetown ($51,895 vs $54,145).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Providence has a stronger schedule than Georgetown this season (SOS Rank: #202 vs #227).
- At least you keep showing up. Providence has an average margin of victory of 8 over Georgetown in 18 wins since 1980.
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 9th in the Big East in points and 5th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Georgetown three-point leader (Markel Starks).
- The Providence rebounding leader (LaDontae Henton) has more rebounds than the Georgetown rebounding leader (Greg Whittington).
- Providence players are more experienced than Georgetown players (10,385 minutes played vs 6,865 minutes played).
- The Providence assist leader (Bryce Cotton) has more assists than the Georgetown assist leader (Nate Lubick).
- Providence is better at defending the three (26.0% allowed vs 33.2% allowed) than Georgetown this season.