In their last match-up, Bruce Ellington finished with 18 points and 5 assists in the Gamecocks 74-71 loss against Auburn on January 12th. On top of a team-high 1.2 steals per game, he also scores 11.3 points per game. For the Tigers, Anthony Hickey finished with 15 points in the 74-52 loss to Florida on January 12th. With 4.0 assists per game and 3.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- South Carolina has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than LSU according to Kiplinger (46% vs 28%).
- South Carolina has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than LSU (#42 vs #76).
- At least you keep showing up. South Carolina has an average margin of victory of 12 over LSU in 13 wins since 1991.
- The South Carolina scoring leader (Brenton Williams) has more points than the LSU scoring leader (Shavon Coleman).
- Eric Smith is ranked 3rd in the SEC in assists.
- South Carolina allows fewer rebounds (28.4 allowed per game vs 37.6 allowed per game) than LSU this season.
- Brenton Williams is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- South Carolina has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than LSU (#55 vs #79).
- The South Carolina rebounding leader (Lakeem Jackson) has more rebounds than the LSU rebounding leader (Shavon Coleman).
- South Carolina players are more experienced than LSU players (11,303 minutes played vs 9,270 minutes played).
- South Carolina is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Carolina is 203 lbs compared to 198 lbs for LSU.