In their last match-up on January 12th, Anthony Hickey put up 15 points for the Tigers in a loss to Florida, 74-52. With 4.0 assists per game and 3.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. The Gamecocks were defeated by Auburn 74-71 on January 12th despite 17 points and 9 rebounds from Damien Leonard. He is averaging 4.8 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, South Carolina performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 45.1. This ranks 1st in the conference and 2nd in the country.
South Carolina StatSmack
- The LSU three-point leader (Andre Stringer) has more three-pointers than the South Carolina three-point leader (Brenton Williams).
- Andre Stringer is ranked 5th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- LSU waxed South Carolina by 10 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Shavon Coleman is ranked 8th in the SEC in rebounds and 8th in the SEC in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. LSU has an average margin of victory of 10 over South Carolina in 12 wins since 1991.
- We just win. LSU has more wins over the last 5 years than South Carolina (88 vs 83).
- We beat real teams. LSU has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than South Carolina this season (2 vs 0).
- LSU takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Carolina (4 vs 1).
- LSU does a better job contesting shots (39.5% allowed vs 43.9% allowed) than South Carolina this season.
- LSU has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than South Carolina ($26,259 vs $34,062).