In a 62-46 beatdown of Presbyterian on January 12th, Trey Freeman put up 13 points for the Fighting Camels. On top of a team-high 6.2 assists per game, he also scores 14.1 points per game. For the Keydets, Stan Okoye finished with 25 points and 13 rebounds in the 72-54 blowout of Winthrop on January 12th. He leads the team in points with 21.0 per game and rebounds with 9.3 per game. A key area of strength for Virginia Military Institute is turnover percentage at 17.8, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 51st nationally).
Virginia Military Institute StatSmack
- Campbell beat Virginia Military Institute by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 21, 2012).
- Marvelle Harris is ranked 8th in the Big South in blocks.
- The Campbell steals leader (Trey Freeman) has more steals than the Virginia Military Institute steals leader (Nick Gore).
- Campbell allows fewer rebounds (38.8 allowed per game vs 44.2 allowed per game) than Virginia Military Institute this season.
- Campbell has a better scoring defense (73.4 allowed per game vs 81.5 allowed per game) than Virginia Military Institute this season.
- Campbell has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.402 to 0.401).
- The Campbell assist leader (Trey Freeman) has more assists than the Virginia Military Institute assist leader (Rodney Glasgow).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Campbell has a stronger schedule than Virginia Military Institute this season (SOS Rank: #177 vs #287).
- Campbell is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Campbell is 76.8 inches compared to 75.8 inches for Virginia Military Institute.