There are two key statistical areas where Pittsburgh has an advantage. The Panthers hang onto the ball better, with turnovers held to nine per game compared to 15 per game for the Wildcats. In addition, Pittsburgh has an advantage in field goal percentage, 49% to 40%. The Four Factors in which Villanova stands out are free throw rate at 52.4 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.4.
- Pittsburgh has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Villanova (#56 vs #101).
- Pittsburgh is better under pressure, and has defeated Villanova in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Pittsburgh has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.752 to 0.658).
- We just win. Pittsburgh has more wins over the last 5 years than Villanova (145 vs 120).
- Tray Woodall is ranked 18th nationally in assists.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Pittsburgh has come back to win after being down at half against Villanova 3 times since 2003.
- Pittsburgh beat Villanova by 9 points the last time they played (Feb 05, 2012).
- Pittsburgh is better at defending the three (31.4% allowed vs 35.8% allowed) than Villanova this season.
- Pittsburgh has a better scoring defense (52.5 allowed per game vs 66.2 allowed per game) than Villanova this season.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Pittsburgh is superior to Villanova (Latest AP Poll: #24 vs Not Ranked).
- Pittsburgh is a better shooting team (51.3% vs 41.2%) than Villanova this season.