In a 72-61 triumph over Georgia on January 12th, Jalen Steele put up 21 points and 7 rebounds for the Bulldogs. In addition to his 11.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 3.7 rebounds per game. In a 68-65 victory over Tennessee on January 12th, Levi Randolph put up 12 points and 6 rebounds for the Crimson Tide. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.1 points per game.
- We just win. Mississippi State has more wins over the last 5 years than Alabama (112 vs 105).
- Mississippi State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.635 to 0.609).
- Mississippi State can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.2 per game vs 32.6 per game) than Alabama this season.
- Mississippi State is better under pressure, and has defeated Alabama in 7 out of the last 13 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- At least you keep showing up. Mississippi State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Alabama in 29 wins since 1980.
- The Mississippi State rebounding leader (Gavin Ware) has more rebounds than the Alabama rebounding leader (Rodney Cooper).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Mississippi State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Alabama (5 vs 3).
- Craig Sword is ranked 5th in the SEC in steals.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Mississippi State has come back to win after being down at half against Alabama 4 times since 1996.
- Winning is in our blood. Mississippi State had a better record in close games than Alabama last season (8-4 vs 1-5).