In a 68-53 dismantling of Maryland-Baltimore County on January 12th, Clancy Rugg put up 19 points and 9 rebounds for the Catamounts. While contributing 5.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.6 points per game. For the Bearcats, Jimmy Gray finished with 17 points in the 83-59 loss to Boston University on January 12th. With 3.8 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Brian Voelkel is ranked 3rd in the America East in rebounds and 7th in the America East in assists.
- Even computers respect Vermont more. We have a better RPI this season than Binghamton (RPI: #180 vs #340).
- Vermont takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Binghamton (5 vs 1).
- Vermont players are more experienced than Binghamton players (11,874 minutes played vs 8,351 minutes played).
- We just win. Vermont has more wins over the last 5 years than Binghamton (120 vs 62).
- Vermont has a better scoring defense (60.6 allowed per game vs 69.7 allowed per game) than Binghamton this season.
- Vermont has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Binghamton (#46 vs #90).
- It's only wins and losses, but Vermont has a better overall record than Binghamton this season (8-5 vs 2-12).
- Vermont has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Binghamton (#101 vs #146).
- It must sting. Vermont has blown out Binghamton by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 2002.
- Better not leave your building. Vermont has a better record on the road than Binghamton this season (5-3 vs 0-8).