In spite of 27 points from Kierre Greenwood, the Chanticleers came up short 64-56 against Liberty on January 12th. With 4.6 assists per game and 2.1 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Bulldogs, Onzie Branch finished with 9 points and 12 rebounds in the 70-64 loss to High Point on January 12th. He contributes 5.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.0 points per game.
- Coastal Carolina has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.641 to 0.380).
- At least you keep showing up. Coastal Carolina has an average margin of victory of 13 over Gardner-Webb in 6 wins since 2008.
- Kierre Greenwood is ranked 4th in the Big South in assists.
- Winning is in our blood. Coastal Carolina had a better record in close games than Gardner-Webb last season (6-5 vs 6-8).
- We just win. Coastal Carolina has more wins over the last 5 years than Gardner-Webb (104 vs 68).
- Coastal Carolina waxed Gardner-Webb by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 28, 2012).
- The Coastal Carolina scoring leader (Anthony Raffa) has more points than the Gardner-Webb scoring leader (Donta Harper).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Coastal Carolina has a stronger schedule than Gardner-Webb this season (SOS Rank: #107 vs #179).
- Anthony Raffa is ranked 4th in the Big South in points and 7th in the Big South in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but Coastal Carolina has emerged victorious against Gardner-Webb the last 3 times they've played.