Massachusetts got a slim victory over Providence 77-75 on Thursday, Nov. 15. Chaz Williams led the Minutemen and put up 17 points and six rebounds. Raphiael Putney had 10 points and added seven rebounds. For the Friars, Kadeem Batts got 19 points and nine rebounds. Massachusetts (2-0, 0-0 A-10) takes on sixth-ranked NC State (2-0, 0-0 ACC) on Friday, Nov. 16 on their home court.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- Massachusetts started 2-0 during the 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2004, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The Minutemen have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Massachusetts is 27-23 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jesse Morgan and Chaz Williams) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
Providence Game Notes
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 30.6 percent of the team's points.
- LaDontae Henton accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has three straight 20+ point games.
- Kadeem Batts has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton has three straight double-digit point games.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and 10th of his career.